Visa requirements for travel to Spain
The English language Web page of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs with information for foreigners about entry requirements may be consulted at:
Citizens from any State of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein only need a valid national identity document or passport.
In the event of a minor travelling with a national identity document, the latter must be accompanied by parental authorization.
Spain belongs to the Schengen Area. Information in English for applying for the Uniform Schengen Visa may be consulted at:
Please contact the nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate in case of doubt.
We will issue an official letter of invitation to anyone who must apply for a visa.
Countries that REQUIRE visas
Afghanistan, Angola, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Burma / Myanmar, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Philippines, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Laos, Lesotho, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Papua N. Guinea, Qatar, Rep. Central, Rep. D. The Congo, Rep. Dominican, Russia, Rwanda, Sto. Tome Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Syria, Somalia, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Thailand, Tanzania, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries that DO NOT REQUIRE visas (subject the annotated restrictions)
Albania (1), Andorra, Old And Bearded, Argentina, A.R.Y.M. (Ant. Rep. Yugoslav Macedonia) (1), Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia Herzegovina (1), Brazil, Brunei, Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Colombia (8), South Korea, Costa Rica, Dominica (6), The Savior, United Arab Emirates (4), U.S, Granada (6), Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong (4), Israel, Japan, Kiribati (3), Macao (PRC) (5), Malaysia, Marshall Islands (3), Maurice, Mexico, Micronesia (3), Moldova (1), Monaco, Montenegro (1), Nauru (3), Nicaragua, New Zealand, Palau (3), Panama, Paraguay, Peru (9), Solomon (Islands) (3), Samoa (6), Saint Kitts And Nevis, San Marino S. Vincent And Grenadines (6), Santa Lucia (6), Holy See, Serbia (1) (2), Seychelles, Singapore, East Timor (5), Tonga (7), Trinidad And Tobago (6), Tuvalu (3), Uruguay, Vanuatu (6), Venezuela
(1) The exemption from the visa requirement only applies to holders of biometric passports.
(2) excluding holders of passports issued by the Serbian Coordination Directorate (in Serbian: Koordinaciona Uprava).
(3) The exemption from the visa requirement shall apply provisionally from the day following the signing of an agreement on visa exemption to be concluded with the European Union.
(4) The exemption from the visa requirement provisionally applied since May 6, 2015, the date of signing the agreement on visa exemption between United Arab Emirates and the European Union.
(5) The exemption from the visa requirement provisionally applied since May 26, 2015, the date of signing the agreement on visa exemption between East Timor and the European Union.
(6) The exemption from the visa requirement provisionally applied since May 28, 2015, the date of signing the agreement on visa exemption between this country and the European Union.
(7) The exemption from the visa requirement is provisionally applied since 21 November 2015, the date of signing the agreement on visa exemption between Tonga and the European Union.
(8) The exemption from the visa requirement provisionally applied from the day December 3, 2015, following the signing of visa waiver agreement between Colombia and the European Union.
(9) The exemption from the visa requirement is provisionally applied since 15 March 2016, following the signing of the visa waiver agreement between Peru and the European Union.
(4) The exemption from the visa requirement only applied to passport holders of "Hong Kong Special Administrative Region". (5) The exemption from the visa requirement only applies to holders of passport "Macau Special Administrative Regiao".